Here is the full list of Nova Espero-related publications; the originals are long out of print, but are occasionally available on eBay, AbeBooks, etc. Other Smith / Nova Espero memorabilia are also sold from time to time on eBay. Updated version of Smiths at Sea and October Potter have been republished by me and are available from my online shop.
- Smith, Stanley (1951). Smiths at Sea – The True Story of the Smith Brothers’ Adventurous Atlantic Crossing. Publ. by Robert Ross.
2006 edition (with additional foreword by Colin Smith) – available from shop.robinsomes.co.uk as e-book and print versions.
- Smith, Stanley and Violet, Charles (1952). The Wind Calls The Tune. Publ. by Robert Ross & George G. Harrap & Co. Ltd.
- Violet, Charles (1954). Solitary Journey – the Third Voyage of the Nova Espero. Various publishers and editions.
- Smith, Stanley (1967). October Potter – an account of a fairly eventful cruise. Publ. by Stanley T. Smith.
2020 edition (with additional information and photographs) – available from shop.robinsomes.co.uk as e-book and print versions.
- Somes, Robin (2018). Dear Papa – a history of Theo Smith. A history of the Smith family, dating back to the early 19th century, and their influence on the world of boat design, published by me on Academia.edu. Available at tinyurl.com/theosmith or from a Google search for the document’s title.
- Somes, Robin (2020). Nova – The History of the Nova Espero. An exploration of the background to the Nova Espero journeys – available from shop.robinsomes.co.uk as e-book and print versions.